Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Summer time drives & sunflowers.

August 17, 2009

Driving around country roads is one of my favorite things to do on a beautiful day. I've loved driving since, well, I've been able to drive at the age of 14 (yes in Iowa we were allowed to get our learners permits at 14, I knew I loved that State for a reason!!!). When I got my first car (a 1996 Chevy Beretta Z26) I remember driving endlessly around the country roads out in Menomonie, Wisconsin just looking and taking in all of the beauty that surrounded me.

I think as a photographer I see things a little different as I drive along, maybe a little clearer and see things as 'scenes' vs. just barns, just old homes, or just fields. I feel so blessed to finally (I think!) have been able to find my gift from God, to capture his beauty and share it with others along the way.

The other day I was driving a normal route from RockFalls to Menomonie when I came across 4 or more huge fields full of beautiful sunflowers. If someone ever needs cheering up, this is definitely the place to go! I find sunflowers so fascinating and full of life, which is one of the reasons I will be having them as the main decorations/flowers in my wedding this October! I can completely see Gods' works when I look at a Sunflower, so large, so tall, reaching towards the sun, and fully dependent on someone to water them so they can grow to their full potential. Almost sounds a bit like our own lives, doesn't it? We are always striving for more, trying to reach our goals, and if we put our complete trust and faith in God, and allow him to 'water' us with his love, it is then that we will reach our full potential and find what he wants us to be.

Below are some of the sunflower photos that I took when driving by that field, enjoy!














See? Don't sunflowers just warm you up and put a smile on your face?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment